To whom it may concern,

On September 11th 2009, we came out side to see a tow truck backing up to our 2001 Ford Windstar. We were told that our van was being repossessed. I told the driver that this was a mistake and not to take it. The driver told me that it was to late, and he was taking it. Then I asked for a copy of the repo order and he would not let me take a copy of the order, but he did write a number down for us to call and then he was on his way.

After a brief discussion with the collection agency I was told to call Triad (finance company) and they have no information for it. I tract down the number for Triad and spoke with a employee. I explained that I had paid off our van in 9/2005 and received the title for it. At that time she put me on hold for a few minutes. She came back on the line and told me that they had made a mistake and they will have our Van returned to us that same day. The employee told me her supervisor was working on it and would get in contact with us in a hour.An hour had passed so I called the supervisor to get a status update and she told me that we were not getting our van back and that we still owed a balance. I told her that she was wrong. I paid the loan off in 9/2005 and in 7/2008 Triad called with the same demand that we still had a balance. After a few weeks of arguing with them I was told that the balance would be written off. I asked if that would take care of everything and I was assured that it would.So 1 1/2 years go by and not one phone call, letter nothing. Just our familys car being stolen and not one person from Triad to listen to what I had to say. All they had to do is go over the account history and the notes on the account and they would have seen what happened. It is not our fault that the manager I spoke with in 2005 did not follow through with the paperwork to settle the account and mark it as paid in full.

On 9/15/09 I received a call from the supervisor with Triad letting me know that they indeed made a mistake and they would have our van back to us asap. She sent a release form for my husband and I to sign, so we forwarded it to our attorney to look over and was told not to sign it. Then on 9/25/2009 our van was returned to us but it was damaged. It was not towed improperly, it has other damage from the latch on the window missing to our transmission slipping, and various other things wrong.

Since the day our family van was taken from us we and when I say "we" I mean my

Husband, myself, my parents and our kids-a 15 yr, a 12 yr and a 5 yr. We have missed appointments and one of them was a VERY important one for my husband at the VA center which took us over a month to get. I had to rely on my parents to get the kids to and from their practices since we did not have a vehicle to drive at the time. The amount of stress and anxiety we all have had to go through has been unbearable. I have Fibromyalgia, and stress is so hard on my body. I have been in constant pain and have been extremely upset and depressed. It has been hard for me to get out of bed some mornings. We are having a hard time dealing with all the extra stress that Triad has put us though. We have been short tempered with our kids, unhappy and upset about not knowing what is going on. We have had to spend money that we don't have on a rental car and attorney fees to get this resolved. From the very beginning Triad has been a very unpleasant company to deal with. Since all of this has happened I have been doing some research and it looks like Triad has done things like this several times before. We are extremely upset customers, and we definitely feel that something should be done. Plus we want the word to get out about Triad so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Sincerely, Pissed off customers

Josh & Renee Powell 808 NW Hill St Camas, WA 98607

Review about: Triad Financial Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Triad Financial?

Comments